Ingredients (for four people):
- handful of rocket
- handful of lemon balm, fresh
- 4-5 mint leaves, fresh
- 40g walnuts
- 30g cashew nuts
- 100ml olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 carrot
- 500g spaghetti, 100% durum wheat semolina
- vegan alternative to parmesan
- Chop rocket, lemon balm, cashews, walnuts and mint coarsely. Mix herbs and nuts along with olive oil and freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon in the kitchen blender for a few minutes to a creamy pesto.
- Season pesto with freshly ground black pepper and salt, stir in freshly grated zest of one lemon.
- Peel carrots and cut with the spiral cutter or with the julienne peeler in long threads.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente and drain.
- Serve hot spaghetti on a plate, mix with carrot threads and pesto.
Our tip: Tastes also delicious with walnut oil!
A teaspoon of lime-mint chutney in pesto ensures an extra kick!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz