Ingredients (for three people):
- 500g lasagne sheets, durum wheat
- olive oil, for frying
- 3 shallots
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 200g grilled peppers (in a jar), peeled
- handful basil leaves
- 1 can of tomatoes, pieces
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- vegan Grattugiato, for sprinkling
- optional: vegan alternative to Carpaccio
- Break lasagne plates into bite size pieces and cook in salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, peel the shallots and cut into fine wedges. Peel garlic and cut into thin slices. Cut grilled peppers into strips. Wash basil, shake dry and chop.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the shallots and garlic pieces in it. Add pepper strips and sauté for a few minutes. Finally add canned tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add freshly chopped basil leaves into the sauce last.
- Drain cooked pasta and mix with basil pasta sauce. Serve sprinkled with plenty of vegan Parmesan.
Our tip: Add small pieces of our vegan alternative to Carpaccio to the lasagne to make it more delicious.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz