Ingredients (for six people):
- vegan alternative to king prawns
- 150g fresh corn salad
- 50g flour, fine
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 25ml of water, hand-hot
Quick version: strudel from the refrigerated display case
- some flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml Prosecco Herbs, freshly chopped (e.g. parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- chili, freshly ground
- 3 garlic cloves
- ginger, fresh
- 100g vegan alternative to mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 20ml Prosecco
- some freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Worcester sauce
- cayenne pepper
- chives, freshly chopped
- Put flour into a mixing bowl and add salt. Form a hole in the middle, pour olive oil, vinegar and hand-hot water into the hole and knead a smooth dough. The strudel must be smooth, elastic and soft. Brush dough with a little olive oil and leave it covered with a clean kitchen towel to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. After the rest period, roll strudel with a rolling pin on floured surface thinly and cut into approximately 12x12cm squares.
Alternative: Cut 12x12cm squares from the ready-made strudel.
Grease a muffin baking mold with Alsan and sprinkle with flour. Press a dough square gently in each mold. Bake in preheated oven at 170 °C for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove pastry shells carefully immediately after baking and allow to cool.
- Peel ginger and garlic and cut into thin slices. Mix a marinade from olive oil, Prosecco and freshly chopped herbs, season with salt, freshly ground pepper and chili to taste, add garlic and ginger slices. Dunk vegan king prawn in the marinade and leave them to rest minimum 2 hours (better overnight).
- Mix vegan altrenative to mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish and Prosecco thoroughly for the cocktail sauce. Season to taste with a dash of lemon juice, Worcester sauce, salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir in fresh chopped chives just before serving.
- Fry the vegan alternative to king prawn in a pan with a little oil and fill the pastry shells with fresh corn salad. Decorate with vegan king prawns and serve with chilled cocktail sauce.
Our tip: The remaining Prosecco fits perfectly to the dish! Ideal for celebrating the New Year!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz