Ingredients (for two people):
- 40g Alsan
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 60g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pear
- 5 tablespoons Marsala (ital. dessert wine)
- alternatively: red wine
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoons water
- vegan alternative to carpaccio
- black pepper, freshly ground
- some Crema di Balsamico
- handful of arugula
- Melt Alsan in a pan over low heat. Add brown sugar and let caramelise while stirring. Add the coarsely chopped, fresh walnuts and fry together until a pleasant nutty flavour unfolds. Remove caramelised nuts carefully with a fork, so that a little caramel remains in the pan. Spread roasted caramel nuts on a piece of baking paper and let them cool.
- Wash pear thoroughly and cut in half, cut fine wedges from the halves remove cores.
- Put the pan with the remaining caramel stock back on medium heat and pour Marasala in it. Add agave syrup, raspberry vinegar, lemon juice and water, mix everything and let it simmer. Put pear wedges in the pan and fry from both sides until soft (if the liquid’s to thick, pour 1-2 tablespoons water in the pan).
- Arrange vegan alternative to carpaccio slices on the plate and cover with pears. Decorate with freshly ground pepper, caramelised nuts, young arugula leaves and a little Crema di Balsamico.
Our tip: Serve with thinly cut slices vegetarian walnut cheese!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz