Ingredients (for two people):
- 700g white asparagus
- 500ml water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 heaped teaspoons vegetable soup powder
- 50ml vegetable white wine
- 200ml rice cuisine
- 1 shallot
- 100g snow peas
- olive oil, for frying
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
- garden cress
- Peel asparagus thoroughly and if necessary cut fibrous ends, keep the rind. Cut off the bottom third of asparagus and cut into large pieces, leaving asparagus tips (set aside in whole).
- Boil water with salt and sugar. Add asparagus pieces and rind to the boiling water and simer for 15 minutes. Remove cooked asparagus from the pot and pour the cooking water through a fine strainer to sieve out the rind. Re-boil the asparagus stock, add some vegetable stock powder and set aside.
- Puree the cooked asparagus. Boil the puree together with rice cuisine and white wine for 5 minutes. Pour in the asparagus stock and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Peel shallot and chop very finely. Cut asparagus tips lengthwise into slices. Wash snow peas thoroughly and pat dry, cut off ends and cut peppers into thin strips. Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the shallots until translucent. Add snow peas and asparagus slices and fry for a few minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Puree soup just before serving, garnished with fried vegetables and serve sprinkled with fresh cress.
Our tip: Extra delicious with sauteéd diced smoked tofu!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz