- 2-3 medium-sized potatoes, floury boiling
- 1 tbsp flour
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Rice-paper (alternatively: ready-made spring roll dough)g)
- Red cabbage (ready-made from the glass or for example prepared with help of this recipe: https://www.veggie-shop24.com/vegan-recipes/main-dishes/duck-with-pears-red-cabbage-and-glazed-chestnuts)
- Plant oil, for frying
- Vantastic Foods VEGGIE DUCK in pieces
- 8-10 tbsp Balsamico cream
- 3 tbsp orange juice, freshly pressed
- Peel potatoes and rasp them finely into a bowl. Add some salt and freshly grinded nutmeg as well as flour, add pepper to taste and mix all ingredients with your hands.
- Slew rice paper for a few seconds in a bowl with cold water and lay it on the kitchen table until the leaves are ready for the further processing. Place two pieces of rice paper on top of each other and spread a handful of the potato mass equally thin on the surface, thereby spare about 2cm rim. Put 1-2 tbsp of the red cabbage on the potato covering (central as stripe parallel to the roll direction). Now roll the rice-paper with the covering, thereby knock in and knock over the endings, so that the filling is completely wrapped.
- Heat some plant oil in a pan and fry the Christmas rolls golden brown before serving.
- Fry the vegan alternative to duck pieces crunchy with some plant oil in a pan.
- Stir the Balsamico cream with the freshly pressed orange juice and serve it as dip to the Christmas rolls with vegan alternative to duck pieces on a plate.
Our tip: To this festive main course fits e.g. a fruity-bitter nonalcoholic sparkling wine.
Portion: 6-8 people
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly