- 600 g tomatoes
- 2-3 pears
- 2 shallots
- Some vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Handful basil, freshly chopped
- ½ lemon, grated zest
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Alternatively: agave syrup
- Cut tomatoes crosswise and dip for a few seconds in boiling water. Once the shell dissolves at the interfaces, remove from the water and remove the shell. Cut tomato into small cubes.
- Peel pears, quarter and core. Dice pulp finely.
- Peel shallots and chop finely, sauté glassy in some vegetable oil in a pot (do not fry). Add tomato paste and roast shortly while stirring, finally add tomato and pear cubes and simmer 6-8 minutes together.
- Add vegetable stock and cook creamy on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Puree soup with a hand blender until the desired consistency achieved. Season to taste with freshly chopped basil and freshly grated lemon zest, salt, pepper and maple syrup or agave syrup.
Our Tip: No time for cooking? Try our organic soups from Vantastic Foods!
Portion: 2 people