150-200g basmati rice or 2 naan breads
1 pack (175g) Indian BUMI tempeh
Oil (preferably coconut)
2 garlic cloves
250g spinach, thawed from frozen
1 large beefsteak tomato
100ml coconut milk
1 tbsp garam masala
½ tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
½ tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
1. Cut the onion into half rings and finely chop the garlic.
2. Heat a wok to medium with the oil and gently cook the onion and garlic. After a few minutes or until the onion and garlic are translucent, add the garam masala, fresh ginger and cumin powder and leave on low heat.
3. Cook the rice or naan breads according to the instructions on the packaging.
4. Meanwhile, cut the tomato into small cubes. Add the thawed spinach and the tomato pieces to the wok. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir, and allow to cook on low heat for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the cubes of BUMI Indian spiced tempeh to the spinach sauce and simmer gently so that all the flavours can be absorbed and the tempeh is warmed through. If the sauce gets too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
6. Not spicy enough? Feel free to add more herbs or chili. Serve with the rice or naan bread.
You want to cook the recipe directly?
When creating our recipes, we use the products suggested in the ingredient list. You can easily order them from our online shop and get the perfect result. Below the recipe list you will find all the ingredients we have in our range.
By clicking on the button "Add all products to shopping cart", you can put all the ingredients you need in your shopping cart. Then you just have to select the right quantity and you can order your ingredients directly.