Cook time: 25-30 min + 30 min in oven
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
2. Place cashews in a small bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for at least 10 minutes.
3. To prepare the filling: heat a pan with oil and once hot add the onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 3 minutes before tossing in the chopped cabbage, cumin and black pepper. Drop the heat to medium and fry the cabbage, stirring frequently for around 7 minutes or until soft but not floppy. Add the apple, lime juice, water and soy sauce and allow to slowly cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the buckwheat dough: mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Transfer the dough to a round 30cm quiche tin, using your knuckles to get the dough evenly spread across the base, into the corners and up the sides. Alternately, on a lined baking sheet, you could roll or pat the dough into a 30 cm circle and gently pinch the edge upwards to form a 2 - 3 cm high wall around the circle, creating a shape that resembles a tart base.
5. Drain cashew nuts and transfer them and the remaining tahini cream ingredients into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour the tahini cream into the pan with the cabbage and add the BUMI tempeh. Mix it all together.
7. Transfer the filling into the buckwheat base and bake it for 30 min or until golden and crispy.
You want to cook the recipe directly?
When creating our recipes, we use the products suggested in the ingredient list. You can easily order them from our online shop and get the perfect result. Below the recipe list you will find all the ingredients we have in our range.
By clicking on the button "Add all products to shopping cart", you can put all the ingredients you need in your shopping cart. Then you just have to select the right quantity and you can order your ingredients directly.