Ingredients (for two people):
- 800g potatoes, mainly waxy
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 red onions
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons berry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet mustard
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 apple
- handful of parsley, chopped
- ¼ red cabbage
- vegan alternative to Cordon Bleu
- Boil potatoes in salt water (preferably the day before), drain and peel cold.
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry onions in it, pour in vegetable stock and simmer briefly.
- Season to taste: add berry vinegar, sugar, sweet mustard and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- Wash apples thoroughly and cut pulp with shell in very fine strips. Slice red cabbage very finely with a vegetable grater. Also cut cooled potatoes into thin slices and pour the warm marinade over them. Mix with apple strips, freshly chopped parsley and red cabbage.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and put oven on low heat. Fry vegan alternative to Cordon Bleu fry from both sides at low heat, until the crust turns golden brown and the cheese filling is melted.
Our Tip: Serve with fruity white wine.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz