- 300 g frozen peas
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g butter beans (canned)
- 2-3 tbsp vegan curd substitute
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tsp horse radish
- Herb salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Chili flakes
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 Baguette
- Some olive oil
- Lemon basil or regular basil
- Cook frozen peas over medium heat in vegetable stock for 6-8 minutes until done.
- Drain butter beans and puree together with curd substitute until a fine consistency is achieved.
- Puree cooked beans – at will coarse or finely.
- Mix peas puree and bean puree in a bowl and add lemon zest, walnut oil, horse radish and season to taste with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Chop basil leaves or lemon basil finely and mix them into the puree.
- Peel onion, slice finely and roast shortly in a pan with some olive oil. Remove onion rings from the pan and roast baguette slices from both sides in the remaining oil.
Rub the surface of the baguette with a half garlic clove and serve with the cream. Serve roasted onions as topping for the cream.
Our Tip: Crispy fried vegan smoked bacon adds a spicy note to the cream!
Portion: 3-4 people
A recipe by Sophie Mathisz