- 100 g cashews
- 200 ml water
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 150 g dried tomatoes
- Handful dried porcini mushrooms
- 200 g small mushrooms
- 1 chili, fresh or dehydrated
- Some olive oil, for frying
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 50 ml Bourbon (e.g. Jim Beam)
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 handful basil
- 500 g pasta (e.g. Mafaldine or Tagliatelle)
- Give cashews in a bowl with 200 ml lukewarm water and let soak for 20 minutes. Remove cashews and purée finely with a blender. Add the water from the bowl and blend until creamy.
- Peel and dice onions finely. Peel garlic and chop very finely. Cut dried tomato in fine strips. Soak dried porcini shortly in warm water, pat dry and dice very finely. Brush and halve mushrooms (no washing!!).
Cut chili lengthwise, core and cut into fine rings
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan and sauté chopped onions and garlic until glassy. Add sliced tomatoes and fry shortly. Add mushrooms and fry over medium heat for a few minutes. When the mushrooms are already done, season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with chili pieces and porcini mushrooms.
- Reduce heat, add Bourbon, mix coarsely and flambé. Please use a long match and don’t forget to step back from the oven. The flame will die, once the alcohol is completely burned.
- Pour vegetable stock in the pan once the flames are gone and let it reduce.
Add cashew cream and take pan from the stove.
- Cook pasta until done and mix with the sauce and chopped basil.
Our tip: Quick and dirty ;-), our cashew drink: Provamel Bio CASHEW DRINK, 500ml!
Portion: 4 people
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly