25-30 minutes / Servings: 2
1. In a medium pot, boil the green peas according to the packing instructions. Once cooked, drain and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, add the rice and cold water to a separate large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
3. Turn off the heat and leave to the side for another 15 minutes before gently incorporating the vinegar, salt, lime juice and zest as well as the filling ingredients.
4. To make Onigiri: begin by dipping your hands in water so they are damp but not dripping wet, this will prevent the rice from sticking. Next, rub some salt into your palms - this will add additional flavour to the onigiri and help them to stay fresh for longer. Finally, scoop out large handfuls of warm rice, then gently form into balls.
5. Place 3 to 4 balls per person onto serving plates and garnish with celery or spinach.
You want to cook the recipe directly?
When creating our recipes, we use the products suggested in the ingredient list. You can easily order them from our online shop and get the perfect result. Below the recipe list you will find all the ingredients we have in our range.
By clicking on the button "Add all products to shopping cart", you can put all the ingredients you need in your shopping cart. Then you just have to select the right quantity and you can order your ingredients directly.