orange brussels sprouts
- 1 kg fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 orange, juice freshly squeezed
- 50 ml olive oil
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Handful cranberries,dried
- 5 vegan alternative to chicken mallets
- ca. 100 g wheat flour for breading
- ca. 80 g breadcrumbs for breading
- ca. 80 g walnuts for breading
- ca. 300 ml soy drink
- 2 tbsp flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Remove outer leaves and trunk of the brussels sprouts and blanche 5 minutes in salted water. Remove from water, halve and put in a pot.
- Mix orange juice with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pour two thirds over the brussels sprouts and mix everything well. Line on a baking sheet, lined with baking paper and bake at 170°C for 30-35 minutes. Add the remaining marinade and cranberries before serving.
- Add flour for breading to a high plate. Stir 2 tbsp wheat flour into the soy drink and fill in a high cup. Chop walnuts coarsely und mix them with the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle vegan alternative to chicken mallets with flour, add to the soy drink mix, let drip off and put in the walnut breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry drumsticks until golden brown and crispy.
Serve mellets with orange brussels sprouts with potato puree and some roasted almonds or walnuts.
Portion: 5 people