Ingredients (for two people):
- 2 shallots
- olive oil, for frying
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- 1 red chili
- 400g tofu
- ½ teaspoon paprika, sweet
- black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ bunch of chives
- Chop shallots very finely and sauté in a little olive oil.
- Carefully remove soil from the mushrooms with a brush. Halve or quarter the mushrooms. Wash, core and finely dice chili. Put the mushrooms and chili pieces to the pan with the shallots and fry for a few minutes, until the mushrooms have noticeably lost water.
- Crumble tofu into small pieces and add to the other ingredients in the pan. Season with paprika, salt and freshly ground pepper and continue frying for a short time while turning.
- Wash chives, pat dry with paper towels and chop finely. Sprinkle on the hot mushrooms before serving.
Our tip: A small pinch of salt specialty Kala Namak adds an aromatic taste to the mushrooms.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz