Ingredients (for three people):
- 5-6 vegan pita bread
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red onion
- a little olive oil, for frying
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 grilled pepper (from a jar)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- some black cumin
- handful basil leaves
- 120g vegan alternative to cheese, meltable
- Peel the onion and cut ends. Halve and cut into very fine pieces or half rings. Wash zucchini and cut ends, cut in half lengthwise. Halve the halves lengthwise and cut into very thin slices.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Fry onion pieces and zucchini slices. Place the vegetables from the pan into a bowl.
- Wash and quarter the cherry tomatoes. Drain grilled peppers from the jar and cut into small pieces. Add to the fried vegetables in the bowl. Season vegetables with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add some black cumin to taste, add the basil leaves in the whole and mix all the ingredients well.
- Grate vegan alternative to cheese to the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix everything.
- Cut pita bread in half horizontally carefully with a sharp knife, (don’t separate top and bottom completely).Fill the breadbags gently with the vegetable filling. Put stuffed breads in the pan and fry briefly from both sides, using the remaining olive oil until the vegan alternative to cheese is melted. Press the bread with a big spatula or a pot whily frying.
Our tip: Our grilled vegetable panini are a perfect supplement to the hearty vegan grilling session!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz