Ingredients (for four people):
- 100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- bunch parsley
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 8 tablespoons walnut kernel oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- 500g potatoes, waxy
- 250g snow peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet mustard
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or herb vinegar
- 5-6 tablespoons of water, cold
- 4-5 spring onions
- chilli flakes, dried and coarsely ground
- Pesto: Chop walnuts coarsely. Also chop the parsley coarsely and add along with the walnut pieces and the garlic slices into the blender. Add olive oil or walnut kernel oil and mix all of the ingredients into a fine pesto. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and freshly grated lemon zest.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Mix a tablespoon of walnut pesto with 2 tablespoons oil and stir until smooth. Spread the mixture all over the potatoes. Put potatoes on a baking tray with baking paper and bake until golden brown at 180 °C in a preheated oven.
- In the meantime, wash snow peas, cut off the ends and cut in half. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the snow peas in it. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over the snow peas and caramelize while swirling for another minute.
- Dressing: Mix a heaped tablespoon walnut pesto together with mustard and vinegar. Finally add 5-6 tablespoons cold water and create a creamy dressing. Season to taste with a little salt.
- Wash radishes and cut into very thin slices. Cut green onions into thin rings. Give grilled potatoes, caramelized sugar snap peas and green onions in a salad bowl and mix with the walnut pesto dressing. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper flakes.
Our tip: Our BBQ salad with walnut pesto is a delicious side dish for all grill specialties, such as VEGGIE sausages, veggie pepper steaks or other soy meat.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz