- 750 g cold boiled potatoes, from the previous day (from mealy boiling potatoes)
- 1 tbsp soy flour + 4 tbsp water
- 200 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- optional: nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 leek
- Some oil, for frying
- 150 g herb or onion lard, room temperature
- 3 handfus roasted onions
- 250-300 ml oat drink
- 1 big can wine sauerkraut (á ca. 800 g)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp caraway
- 2 tbsp Alsan
- 200 ml oat cuisine
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- Peel cold potatoes and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Mix soy flour evenly with the water. Add flour, salt, optionally a little grated nutmeg and soy flour mass and knead all the ingredients with your hands to form a uniform dough. Roll out dough on a thick rectangular thoroughly floured surface about 1cm.
- Clean leeks and in half lengthwise, cut rod into thin half-rings. Heat some vegetable oil in a pan and sauté leeks until soft.
- Spread room warm herbal or onion lard thin on the rolled potato, distribute seared leek pieces on it and finally scatter about 3 handful crispy fried onions on the dough. Roll the dough lengthwise and cut into 3-4cm thick slices.
- Place sticky buns next to each other with the cut side up tight in an ovenproof casserole dish and add oat drink: don’t pour it directly on the slices, but carefully in the spaces between the slices and the edge of the shape so that the liquid is evenly distributed and surrounds all slices. Bake at 200 ° C in a preheated oven about 40-50 minutes. Bake until the oat drink creamy thickens and the slices have formed a golden crust.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy sauerkraut: pour sauerkraut from the can with about 400 ml of water in a saucepan and cook on a closed pot lid for 10 minutes over medium heat. Drain liquid, add cold Alsan, paprika and caraway and stir another 10 min. over medium heat. Add oat cuisine last and season with agave syrup.
Our tip: Hearty sausages taste delicious to our sticky buns and creamy sauerkraut. For example, our cheese kransky: Vantastic Foods VEGGIE CHEESE SAUSAGE, 200g
Portion: Portion: 3-4 people