- 170 g Falafel Fix
- Water according to package instructions (ca. 170ml)
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tbsp soy flour
- Sun flower oil for frying
- 1 onion
- ½ red pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Alternativly: Agave syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50 ml vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- Handful mint, freshly chopped
- 1 orange, juice freshly squeezed
- Some vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- Iceberg lettuce
- Spring onions
- 2 carrots
- Or other vegetables
- Preparation for falafel waffles: give Falafel Fix powder in a bowl, add water according to package specification and mix thoroughly to form a homogeneous mass, let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a pan and roast pearl barley shortly light brown while stirring. Pour water and add vegetable stock powder, cook pearl barley on medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Drain any excess liquid or add water during the cooking process, if necessary.
- Peel and chop onion very finely for the mango chutney. Wash peppers and cut into quarters, remove the core. Rub quarters coarsely with a vegetable grater. Sauté onions and half of the grated pepper in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a small pot. Place the remaining grated pepper aside.
- Peel mango, separate pulp from the core and cut into 1cm cubes. Add mango cubes to onion and peppers in the pan. Add maple syrup, sugar and vinegar and pour in freshly squeezed orange juice. Peel a thumb-sized piece of ginger and grate finely, add along with cumin to chutney in the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, everything on low heat until the desired smoothness has been reached. Last take pan off the heat, mix freshly chopped mint with the chutney and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining grated pepper and soy flour with the soaked falafel mass and add 2-3 tbsp of the pearl barley. Brush a waffle iron with some vegetable oil and add 2-3 tbsp of the falafel mass. Press with a fork to about 1 cm flat patties. Close waffle iron and bake falafel waffles until desired crispness is achieved. Alternatively, of course, classic falafel coins can be molded by hand, and fried in the pan.
- Cut the remaining bowl ingredients according to taste and spread in the bowl, decorate falafel waffles on it and serve with a fruity mango chutney.
Unser Tipp: Try our fruity delicious sweet chili seasoning sauce if you like it spicy. Serve with our creamy soy yoghurt and fresh herbs and chili to our bowl.
Portion: 3-4 people