- 600 g potatoes, waxy
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 50 ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 heaped tsp red curry
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- ca. 600 - 700 ml vegetable stock
- 1 small can pineapple slices
- 1 small can coconut drink, lukewarm (á 200 ml) alternative: 200 ml soy-cuisine
- 2 heaped tbsp cashew puree
- 1 tsp salt
- ca. 70 g cashews
- bunch parsley or coriander, freshly chopped
- Dice potatoes in 1 cm big cubes. Peel onions and chop coarsely. Wash bell pepper, core and cut into fine strips.
- Heat vegetable oil in a big pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add red curry and curry powder while stirring for another 5 minutes. Roast together with the vegetables and deglaze with vegetable stock until all vegetables are covered. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are done. Add some vegetable stock if the liquid is reduced too much while cooking.
- Cut pineapple slices in small pieces and add together with the liquid to the curry vegetables.
- Pour coconut drink in a bowl and mix with a hand blender until a homogenous consistency is reached.
- Mix cashew puree and salt into the curry and simmer for another 2 minutes. Add the creamy coconut alternativ to milk last. Serve with rice and decorate with freshly chopped herbs and roasted cashews.
Our tip: Fry some vegan chicken pieces with a little vegetable oil and serve with the curry!
Portion: 3-4 People