Ingredients (for four people):
- 150g soy granules
- 400ml vegetable stock
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 500g rice (e.g. basmati)
- broccoli florets
- 8 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 120g vegan alternative to grated cheese
- handful of breadcrumbs
- Add soy granulate to hot vegetable stock and let soak for 15 minutes. Then pour into a colander and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry soy granulate until crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil rice according to package instructions. Boil broccoli florets for a few minutes in salted water until underdone.
- Stir soy yogurt until smooth and stir in vegan alternative to grated cheese.
- Grease mold with vegetable fat and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Add ingredients in layers: half of the granules, half of the broccoli and boiled rice. Cover with half of the alternative to yogurt-cheese mixture and add the remaining ingredients on top (in layers again). Sprinkle a thin layer of corn flakes on the final yogurt, pour some olive oil on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at 180 °C. Our tip: With a bit of refined rice cuisine, our broccoli-rice bake tastes even juicier! Just add 250ml rice cuisine to the alternative to yogurt-cheese mixture.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz