Ingredients (for four people):
- 150g soy schnetzel (slices)
- water, hot 200ml grilling and seasoning sauce
- 250g basmati rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 5-6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 handful of lemon balm, freshly chopped
- Insert soy meat in 500ml of hot water and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes. Give soaked soy meat in a colander, rinse with cold water and drain, squeeze with your hands. Give soy in a bowl, pour over with barbecue sauce and mix thoroughly so that all meat is evenly covered with sauce. Finally, pin the pieces on the wooden skewers and fry them crispy on both sides.
- Put the rice in a large saucepan and cover with twice the amount of water and a pinch of salt. Let it simmer half covered. Put the rice in a colander and rinse with cold water, drain and let cool in a bowl.
- Simmer frozen peas for a few minutes in a little salted water and rinse with cold water.
- Peel and finely grate carrot. Wash peppers and cut into fine dice. Cut green onions into thin rings.
- Stir hazelnut oil with vinegar, salt, freshly ground pepper and agave syrup to a dressing. Fold in finely chopped lemon balm.
- Add chopped and grated vegetables to the cooled rice, pour over the dressing and mix everything thoroughly. Let soak at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
Marinade the soy to taste with sweet, sour or hot sauces!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz