2 large sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely sliced
3 tbsp corn
½ tin (130g) of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 tsp cumin
Pinch of salt
Coriander, for garnish
1 pack (175g) Mexican BUMI tempeh
1 ripe avocado
1 clove of garlic
½ cup parsley
½ cup coriander
4 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium pot, bring enough water to cover the potatoes to a boil, once boiling add the halved sweet potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or until relatively soft but not falling apart.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add corn, black beans and cumin and cook 2 - 3 more minutes. Once softened and aromatic, add BUMI Mexican spiced tempeh to heat through and cook until golden.
4. Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the water and scoop out the insides with a spoon, making “boats” out of the skins - leave roughly 1cm of flesh so they don’t become too fragile. Add the sweet potato insides to the tempeh mixture, along with the finely chopped coriander before mixing everything together.
5. Fill sweet potatoes with the vegetable mixture and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 min (or a little longer if you want them to be more crispy!)
6. Meanwhile, make the chimichurri by blending all the ingredients in the food processor until smooth. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and arrange nicely on a platter. Top with the chimichurri and fresh coriander.
You want to cook the recipe directly?
When creating our recipes, we use the products suggested in the ingredient list. You can easily order them from our online shop and get the perfect result. Below the recipe list you will find all the ingredients we have in our range.
By clicking on the button "Add all products to shopping cart", you can put all the ingredients you need in your shopping cart. Then you just have to select the right quantity and you can order your ingredients directly.