Ingredients (for two people):
- 250g vegan spaetzle
- 125g vegan alternative to cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons soy alternative to cream
- fresh garden herbs (e.g. parsley or chives)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1-2 onions, medium size
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon icing sugar
- vegetable oil for frying / baking
- 200g tofu (almond-nut)
- Mix the flour and icing sugar thoroughly in a bowl. Peel the onions and cut into thin rings, then roll in the flour sugar mixture and tap off excess flour. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion rings until crispy and brown, then drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Mix the grated vegan alternative to cheese with the cream cheese altrenative, the vegan alternative to soy cream and freshly chopped garden herbs. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Thoroughly mix cheese mixture with spaetzle and fill everything in a greased baking dish. Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the surface shines golden brown. Garnish with crispy onion rings before serving.
Our tip: If you like it hearty, fry diced tofu until crispy and mix with the other ingredients before baking. Serve with a crispy green salad.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz