- 1 orange, juice and scoring of the zest
- 50 ml whisky
- 300 g raspberries, fresh or deep-frozen
- 80 g oat flakes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 225 g hard vegan alternative to cream cheese natural
- 2 packages. vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- alternative: agave syrup
- ¼ tsp gingerbread spices
- 200 ml vegan alternative to whipped cream, sweetened
- Coffee beans, coarsely chopped
- Pistachios, chopped
- Wash orange thoroughly and dry it, take the scoring of the zest and press out the juice.
Put orange juice through a sieve in a small pot, add whisky and boil it together for a short time.
- Wash fresh raspberries carefully or defrost deep-frozen raspberries, add fruits to the whisky-orange juice, slew it thoroughly and let it steep.
- Roast oat flakes in a pan in middle heat under constant turn.
When the oat flakes become light brown, add some brown sugar and stir them slowly until the sugar caramelizes. Then take the pan instantly away from the oven, put the caramelized flakes in a small bowl and let them cool down.
- Put vegan alternative to cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add vanilla sugar, maple syrup and gingerbread spices and stir it creamy with your hand mixer. Give 8 tbsp of whisky-orange juice, as well as the scoring of the orange zest to the cream and stir it in. Whip vegan alternative to whipped cream and fold it in the vegan alternative to fresh cream. Refrigerate cream alternative for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Layer the Cranachan in dessert glasses: put some of the vegan alternative of cream in the glass, thereupon 2 tbsp of the caramelized oat flakes, 2/3 of the in whisky-orange juice impregnated raspberries on it and at the end put the remaining cream alternative in the glass. Decorate your dessert with the remaining raspberries and oat flakes and use coffee beans, pistachio kernels or pecans as topping.
Our tip: Eat the Cranachan with a cup of hot chocolate or aromatic coffee (e.g. Rapunzel Bio Kaffee GUSTO Arabica, 500g)!
Portion: 2-3 people
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly