- 75 ml water
- 200 g sugar
- 100 ml vegan alternative to whipped cream, sweetened
- 60 g Alsan margerine
- ½ level tsp salt
- Round grain rice (rice pudding)
- 600 ml soy drink vanilla
- 1 orange, juice and peel zest
- pinch of red pepper
- 200 ml whipped cream, sweetened
- 100 g almonds, planed
- 2 Tbsp salted caramel sauce
- For the salt-caramel-sauce mix water with sugar in a bowl and boil it up.
Let the mixture simmer slowly. From now on don't stir anymore, just move the sugar syrup by slewing the pot every few minutes. It takes 15 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven, until the sugar syrup starts caramelising, first into a light golden brown.
Now the caramelising happens really fast: take the pot from the oven, when the syrup takes a golden bronze color, then add the vegan alternative to whipped cream and stir it in slowly, until the hard sugar has dissolved. Then add Alsan margarine in small pieces und let it melt down while stirring until an even sauce has formed. At the end stir in salt and let the sauce cool down in the pot before you decant it.
- Whisk the sweet alternative to whipped cream stiff. Wash the orange, take the peel zest and press out the juice.
- Put the vanilla soy drink with the freshly pressed orange juice, a pinch of red pepper as well as salt in a pot and boil it. Regulate the oven at the middle level and add rice. Cook rice pudding with frequent stirring for 20 minutes at medium temperature, then take the pot from the oven. Stir orange peel zest in the rice pudding, put a lid on the pot and let the rice pudding brew for another 10 minutes.
Fold the prepared whipped cream in the vanilla-rice pudding and let it cool down completely.
- Roast planed almonds in a pan golden brown without oil and decant it instantly in a shell. Stir in 1-2 tsp of the salt-caramel-sauce and let the almonds cool down.
Fill the cooled vanilla-rice-dessert in glasses or bowls, serve it with caramel-almonds and the salted caramel sauce.
Servings: 4 People
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz / Photography: Marcus Maly