- 75 ml Water
- 200 g Sugar
- 100 ml vegan alternative to whipped cream, sweetened
- 60 g Alsan
- ½ level tsp salt
- Round grain rice (rice pudding)
- 600 ml soy drink vanilla
- 1 Orange, juice and peel scoring
- Pinch of red pepper
- 200 ml Whipped cream, sweetened
- 100 g Almonds, planed
- 2 EL Salt-Caramel-Sauce
- For the salt-caramel-sauce mix water with sugar in a bowl and boil it up.
Shift the oven down on middle level and let it simmer slowly. From now on don't stir anymore, just move the sugar syrup by slewing the pot every few minutes. It takes 15 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven, until the sugar syrup starts caramelising, first into a light golden brown.
Now the caramelising goes really fast: take the pot instantly from the oven, when the syrup takes a golden bronze color, then add the vegan alternative to whipped cream and stir it slowly and equally, until the hart sugar components have dissolved. Then add Alsan in small pieces und let it melt down while stirring until a even sauce has founded. At the end stir in salt and let the sauce cool down in the pot before you decant it
- Whisk stiff the sweet alternative to whipped cream. Wash orange, take the peel scoring and press out the juice.
- Put the vanilla soy drink with the freshly pressed orange juice, a pinch of red pepper as well as salt in a pot and boil it. Regulate the oven at the middle level and add rice. Cook rice pudding with frequent stirring for 20 minutes at middle heat, then take the pot from the oven. Stir orange peel scoring in the rice pdding, lay a lid on the pot and let the rice pudding brew for another 10 minutes.
Fold the prepared whipped cream in the vanilla-rice pudding and let it cool down completely.
- Roast planed almonds in a pan golden brown without oil and decant it instantly in a shell. Stir in 1-2 tsp of the salt-caramel-sauce and let the almonds cool down.
Fill the cool vanilla-rice-dessert in glasses or shells, serve it with caramel-almonds and viscid salt-caramel-sauce.
Out tip: Sometimes it has to be done fast – fortunately this recipe tastes also great wih the ready-made caramel-sauce from Biovegan (Biovegan DESSERTSOSSE Caramel, 250g), available at our shop!
Portion: 4 People
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photograph: Marcus Maly