Ingredients (for eight people):
- 800ml vanilla soy drink
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1kg wheat flour
- 1 level tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- ½ l sunflower oil, for baking
- vegan vanilla pudding
- baby bananas
- kiwi (or fresh berries, etc.)
- vegan alternative to chocolate sauce
- icing sugar, for dusting
- pistachios, chopped
- Heat vanilla soy drink in a saucepan. Crumble yeast into a cup and stir with 1 tablespoon of vanilla soy drink and 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix the yeast mixture with the remaining warm soy drink. Cover pot with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Mix the flour in a large mixing bowl with salt and 3 tablespoons sugar. Add 1 tablespoon oil and the previous rising yeast vanilla soy drink. Process to a homogenous dough with the dough hook of your hand mixer. Cover bowl with a cloth and let dough rise for another 60 min.
- Sprinkle working area with flour and form balls from handful shapes of dough. Roll it on the work surface to a 10cm tube.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and let the dough tubes carefully slide into the hot fat. Fry from both sides until golden brown and place on a paper towel to drain after removing them.
- Cut slightly cooled hot dogs lengthwise, sprinkle bottom with vanilla custard and cover to taste with fresh fruit. Finally, give a topping of vegan alternative to chocolate sauce on the vegetables and garnish with chopped pistachios.
Our tip: Also delicious, covered with vegan fruit yogurt and topped with soft fruit!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz