Ingredients (for four people):
- 400ml vegan alternative to soy cream whippable
- 4 pack cream stiffener
- 2 pack vanilla sugar
- 6 tablespoons espresso, freshly brewed
- 150g vegan chocolate
- 120g vegetable margarine / Alsan
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar, sieved
- Whip 400ml alternative to soy cream in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high level for 2-3 minutes. Once the cream takes on a slightly firmer consistency, add cream stiffener and vanilla sugar, continue to stir on high level for 5-6 minutes more.
- Boil 6 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso or strong coffee in a metal bowl in a double boiler. Then throttle the cooker to medium.
- Dissolve vegan chocolate buttons with gentle agitation in hot espresso. If the chocolate is completely dissolved and mixed with the coffee, add margarine and icing sugar also and mix evenly in the double boiler with a whisk.
- Pur the warm cocoa mass immediately into the whipped cream and gently fold with a large wooden spoon or spatula until the mass becomes homogenous and smooth. Put everything in the fridge for at least 6 hours (best 12 hours). Scoop out egg shaped portions and serve a dessert dishes.
Our tip: If you like it a little darker: Fold in ½ teaspoon coffee powder to the mousse before putting it in the fridge.
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz