Ingredients (for four people):
- 1 orange, untreated, juice and rind
- 130g Alsan
- 150g sugar
- 220g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 200ml vegan alternative to soy cream
- 4 tablespoons egg replacer powder
- 8 tablespoons of water, hand hot
- icing sugar
- vegan alterantive to whipped cream
- maple syrup
- Wash the orange , grate the rind and then cut in half and squeeze juice.
- Whip Alsan with the sugar in a mixing bowl until it becomes foamy. Fold in half of the orange juice, using a hand blender. Add flour, a pinch of salt and baking powder and stir evenly. Fold the remaining orange juice, grated orange peel, gingerbread spices and vegan alternative to soy cream into the batter.
- Stir egg replacer powder in a small bowl with hand hot water until smooth and foamy, using a fork. Fold the mass gently into the waffle batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and brush heating surfaces with a little vegetable margarine. Give two tablespoons of batter into the center of the iron, close waffle iron and bake 5-8 minutes, depending on the device, until the waffles have a nice golden brown color.
Our tip: Serve hot, sprinkled with icing sugar classically simple or something more sophisticated: garnish with a cherry on top, a little maple syrup with a dash of Cointreau and pour this marinade over the fresh waffles.
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz