- 130g wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 200ml soy drink
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- lemon, zest freshly grate
- 150ml vegan prosecco or mineral water
- 400ml sunflower oil, for frying
- 8-10 elderflowers with trunk
- icing sugar
- dessert sauce strawberry flavour
- Knead half of the flour, pinch of salt and half of the soy drink to a homogenous batter. Add vanilla sugar, freshly grated lemon zest und the remaining soy milk and mix everything carefully. Last add prosecco or mineral water und knead. The batter should have the consistency of condensed milk.
- Heat sunflower oil in a pan. The oil is hot enough when a drop of batter generates small blebs.
- Wash elderflowers carefully and let dry. Grab the trunk und dive them into the batter until they are fully covered. Let the excess dough drip off and add the elderflowers immediately to the hot oil in the pan. Fry until golden brown and let dry on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot with fruit sauce.
Our tip: Also delicious: Serve with self-made ice cream vanilla or strawberry flavour!
Portion: 4-5 people