Ingredients (for two people):
- 3-4 apples, sour varieties
- 3-4 dry buns or a few slices of dry white bread
- 500g vegan alternative to yogurt, natural
- 2 pack custard powder vanilla
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 100g sugar
- 1 knife tip cinnamon
- freshly grated lemon rind
- 450ml almond drink
- Peel apples, remove core and housing quarters, cut into large cubes. Cut buns into large cubes.
- Cover a handful of raisins in a bowl with hot water and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- Give alternative to yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla custard powder, vanilla sugar, sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and grted rind of one lemon into a bowl and stir everything with a wooden spoon until smooth. Pour almond drink gradually to yogurt and vanilla and stir until it becomes a smooth mass. Drain soaked raisins and squeeze them by hand. Put 2/3 of the raisins into the mixture.
- Grease a large ovenproof dish carefully with Alsan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Spread bread cubes in the baking dish. Spread apple slices evenly on the bread-covering in the form. Pour almond drink, vegan alternative to yoghurt and vanilla mass into the baking dish, making sure that white-bread and apple pieces are evenly coated. Spread the remaining raisins, a handful of breadcrumbs and almonds on the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown at 180 °C for about 35-40 minutes.
Serve hot or cold!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz & Miriam Spann