Ingredients (for four people):
POPPY SEED FILLING:
- 225g vegan alternative to sour cream
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (about 30g)
- 8 tablespoons poppy ground
- 4-5 tablespoons alternative to yogurt vanilla
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1 pack sauce powder vanilla
- 1 pack vegan puff pastry
- 2 teaspon apricot jam
- some water
- Stir vegan sour cream in a mixing bowl with the icing sugar and freshly grated lemon rind until smooth. Fold in poppy seed ground.
- Stir alternative to yogurt vanilla in a bowl with vanilla sugar and vanilla sauce powder until smooth.
- Unroll vegan puff pastry and cut into equal squares of about 10x10cm.Place 2 teaspoon of the vanilla yogurt-mass in the middle of each puff pastry square and place 2-3 teaspoons of the poppy-mass on top. Fold the edges gently over the filling and press them together with your fingers so that the filling won’t drip out during baking.
- Stir apricot jam in a cup with a little water until a syrup like liquid consistency is achieved. Put vanilla poppy bags on a baking tray with baking paper and gently brush the surface of the bags with the apricot syrup. Bake until golden brown about 25-30 minutes at 180 °C in a preheated oven.
Our tip: Try our delicious finished vanilla dessert sauce and fresh fruits as filling!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz