Ingredients (for six people):
- 900ml almond drink
- pinch of salt
- 300g round grain rice (rice pudding)
- 250g vegan curd
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple jam (or apricot jam)
- lime peel, freshly grated
- 200ml coconut drink
- 50g Alsan
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 500g fresh brambles
- 100g brown sugar
- 2-3 shots of berry brandy
- Boil almond drink with a pinch of salt in a large pot. Reduce heat to medium and add round grain rice. Simmer 15 minutes until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and a solid milk rice is produced. Remove from heat and let cool slightly in a closed pan.
- Give Vegan cheese in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth and creamy with agave syrup and 2 tablespoons jam. Fold in fresh grated lime rind.
- Add coconut milk from a can into a high mixing bowl (solid particles and liquid) and blend with a hand blender to a smooth creamy mass.
- First stir Alsan into the cooled rice pudding. Subsequently, mix in the curd cream and fold in the mashed coconut drink. Finally add baking powder and almond flour.
- Grease a torte or quiche mold with a little vegetable margarine and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs. Pour in rice pudding mixture evenly and bake for about 30 minutes at 200 °C in a preheated oven. ( mix a tablespoon jam with the same amount of cold water, brush the surface of the cake after 2/3 of baking time and bake until the cake surface shines golden brown)
- Wash the brambles and put them gently in a saucepan. Cook brambles in a closed pot, stirring occasionally about 8-10 minutes on medium heat until the fruits crumble. Pass hot brambles through a colander and boil the second time. Add brown sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the brambles from heat and add brandy to taste. Pour the hot bramble stock immediately in hot washed glasses, seal airtight and allow this to cool upside down. The tipsy brambles will keep fresh for several weeks.
- Allow the baked rice cake to cool for about 1 hour in the mold and serve topped with tipsy brambles.
Our tip: The delicious curd-rice cake tastes great with all fruity sauces, for example, with strawberry flavour
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz