Ingredients (for four people):
- 150g margarine
- 150g sugar
- 1 packs vanilla sugar
- 300g flour
- pinch of salt
- 150g almonds ground
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 150ml of carrot juice
- 100ml water chickpeas, pitched
- (dripping water from 1 can / jar of pickled chickpeas á 400g)
- vegetable margarine, for greasing the mold
- some flour or breadcrumbs
- Whip margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar for a few minutes, until creamy.
- Add flour, pinch of salt, baking powder, ground almonds and work everything with an electric mixer. Add fresh grated lemon rind and juice and carrot juice. Work to a uniform dough.
- Pour chickpea dripping water in a bowl and stir with a hand mixer until a solid cream is created (3 – 5 minutes). Fold the liquid in the dough.
- Grease both halves of the baking mold with vegetable margarine and sprinkle with flour or breadcrumbs. Connect both parts and fill the mold with dough.
- Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven (top and bottom heat) for 40-50 minutes. Check the consistency of the dough with a wooden spoon.
- Let the cake cool down within the mold for 10 minutes. Carefully detach and serve sprinkled with plenty of icing sugar.
Wrapped in clingfilm, the cake stays juicy and fresh for a few days.
Portion: Dough is enough for 2 lambs (or 1 big cake)
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz