Ingredients (for four people):
- 400ml soy drink, nature
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 200g Alsan, room temperature
- 200g sugar
- 320g flour
- pinch of salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g hazelnuts ground
- 80g marzipan
- 6-8 apples, sour varieties
- baking paper
- Give soy drink in a bowl. Wash and rub lemon peel, put abrasion aside. Halve and squeeze lemon, mix lemon juice with the soy drink and curdle about 15 minutes.
- Whip room warm Alsan with sugar until creamy. Cut marzipan raw mass into small pieces.
- Give ground hazelnuts in a dry frying pan and fry for a few minutes while stirring until the nuts develop their flavour. Put flour, salt, baking powder and the roasted nuts into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Add marzipan pieces and lemon peel abrasion, then alternately add the margarine and sugar mixture and the coagulated soy drink and work all ingredients with a hand mixer to a uniform dough.
- Peel the apples, quarter and core. Quarter apple pieces and cut each piece several times with a knife.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spread dough on it. Spread apple slices evenly over the dough and press them lightly.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 40-50 minutes.
Our tip: Also useable: our finished baking mix for cake dough!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz