Ingredients (for six people):
- 255g wheat flour
- 50g almonds, ground
- 30g cocoa, unsweetened & deoiled
- 200g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 50g chocolate sprinkles
- 240ml of water, hand-hot
- 80ml sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 50g Alsan, room temperature
- 200g icing sugar
- lemon (juice and peel, freshly grated)
- 4 tablespoons peppermint syrup
- Mix all dry baking ingredients for the chocolate brownies (except the chocolate sprinkles) in a mixing bowl. Add hand-hot water, vegetable oil and vinegar and stir with the hand mixer to form a homogeneous dough. Add chocolate sprinkles last.
- Line baking mold with baking paper and spread batter on it. Bake at 190 °C in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Pin a wooden stick to the cake: It’s ready to be removed when no dough will stick to it.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping: Whip soft vegetable margarine with half the icing sugar until creamy. Add the remaining icing sugar, 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and the grated lemon rind together with the mint syrup and stir everything to a homogenous mass. Let it rest in the fridge until the cake is completely cooled.
- Brush the surface of the cake with the topping and cut the cake suares.
Our tip: You get also delicious brownies by using our ready-made cake mix!
Portion: 16 pieces á 5x5cm
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz